Thursday, January 10, 2008

Clockwork Buckle Mark V


This is the latest incarnation of the clockwork belt buckles... I was a little hasty when I chose this particular watch (a 1931 Ingraham movement) , as I soldered the back and frame together PRIOR to verifying that I had a matching bezel in the lot of parts it originated from. Well, three months and two other lots of old parts later.... I still didn't find a matching bezel, nor would any other watch fit on that case back. The movement works, so I *had* to use it, right? So I came up with a different way. The crystal is actually held in place by a brass (plated, dash it all) expanded metal mesh attached to the case. It actually turned out better than I thought it would. :) You can't really see the gears in the photograph because of the mesh, as it throws off the focus of the camera and adds a lot of glare. :-/ Oh well.

No comments: